Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

From Supporting Families to Supporting My Husband's Dream

            It is with a heavy heart, but great pride, that I share with all of you that I will be taking a hiatus from being a doula. 

            My husband, who has been endlessly supportive of my pursuit of my dream to become a doula, was given the opportunity to follow his dream.  The schedule that we must keep to facilitate this endeavor will make it impossible for me to juggle my full-time working schedule and balance family life.

            It has been both an honor and a privilege to serve families in Southwest Florida.  Every step on this path has taught me so much already.  When the time comes, hopefully not too far from now, when I may resume helping Southwest Florida families grow, I will do so with great joy.  During my time away, I will continue to further my education and growth as a birth professional. 

            I am blessed to have a husband who encouraged me along the way and I am so happy to have the chance to repay him for the support he gave to me.

            In edition to thanking my husband, to whom I could never thank enough, I’d also like to thank Samantha (of Baby Love Birth Center) for her support and mentorship. Nancy, who became my acquaintance borne of similar interests and who became a friend through shared faith. Kaliah, who is as dear a friend as I could hope to have who supported me in the beginning of my own birth journey and continued her support as those events shaped my path as a doula. Chris, who introduced me to the Southwest Florida birthing community and serves as an inspiration for her sheer faith in the birthing process. And finally, to countless other friend too many to list by name, who have encouraged me along the way.

            My hope is to find other ways to serve Southwest Florida families during this time and I will gladly direct interested clients to the other wonderful doulas who continue to serve our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment